The most delicious summery gyros all insie these super easy Warburtons toastie pockets.
Make sure the chicken is nice and brown and caramelized before removing from the pan!
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 30 Minutes
- Pack of cherry tomatoes - £0.53
- 4 Pack of Warburton’s Toastie Pockets - £1.15
- 120g Feta - £1.20
- Garlic - £0.30
- 1 Red Chilli - £0.60
- 1 Lemon - £0.35
- Dried Oregano - £0.70
- 150g Plain Yogurt - £0.40
- 6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs - £3.00
- Total Cost – £8.23 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Dice up your chicken. Add to bowl with 2 grated cloves of garlic, 1 grated red chilli, 150g yogurt, two teaspoons of oregano, a pint of salt, the zest of a lime and a good grind of pepper. Mix everything together, cover with cling film and leave to marinade for 15 minutes.
- Halve your tomatoes. Add to a bowl. Crumble in your feta. Add a teaspoon of oregano. Season with salt and pepper and mix together.
- Get your chicken in to a frying pan with a splash of olive oil. Cook until nice and brown.
- Open up your Warburtons toastie pocket. Stuff with the tomatoes, feta and chicken. Place in the toaster and toast for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Pop it out the toaster and tuck in!