These little toastie pockets by Warburton’s are so quick and easy. Definitely give them a go MOB!
Make sure you give the pork a good 25-30 mins after the slow cook, without any tin foil, so it caramelizes.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 4 Hour
- 450g Pork Belly - £2.70
- Cider Vinegar - £0.50
- Tomato Puree - £0.35
- Garlic - £0.30
- Red Onion - £0.21
- 5 Gherkins - £0.30
- Emmental - £2.00
- Paprika - £0.85
- Vegetable Stock - £0.50
- Brown Sugar - £0.71
- 4 Pack of Warburton’s Toastie Pockets - £1.15
- Total Cost – £9.52 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat oven to 140°C/284°F.
- Place pork belly on a baking tray. 8th an onion and scatter the slices around the pork.
- Into a bowl, add a teaspoon and a half of paprika, a teaspoon and a half of brown sugar, 2 crushed cloves of garlic, a tablespoon and a half of tomato puree and 4 tablespoons of vinegar. Season with pepper, and then mix everything together.
- Pour the rub over the pork. Mix it in. Then, pour 400ml vegetable stock into the tray. Cover the tray with tin foil, and place in the oven for 3 and a half hours.
- After 3 and a half hours, take the pork out of the oven. Remove tin foil. Pull it apart with two forks. Place back in to the oven at 180°C/356°F for 30 minutes, allowing it to get sticky and caramelize.
- Slice up some gherkins.
- Toastie time. Load your toastie pocket up with pork, gherkins and slices of emmental. Place the toastie pocket in the toaster and toast for 3-4 minutes, until they are golden brown. Pop the toaster and tuck in. Delish.