Changing the brunch game forever, These pancakes are the business. Buy all of the ingredients here with CHOP CHOP, Sainsbury's home delivery app!
Maple Syrup also works a treat with this dish.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 40 Minutes
- 400g Butternut Squash Slices
- 250g Self Raising Flour
- 2 Eggs
- Bunch of Rosemary
- 80g Parmesan
- 8 Rashers of Bacon
- Clear Honey
- 350ml Whole Milk
- Total Cost – £9.30 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Add butternut squash slices to a tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 50 minutes.
- Once butternut squash is soft, remove from oven. Add to a mixing bowl and mash it up. Sieve in 250g self-raising flour. Mix it together with a fork. Then add 350ml whole milk, bit by bit. It will be a bit lumpy, don’t worry.
- Crack in an egg and add 60g grated parmesan and a teaspoon and a half of chopped rosemary. Season with salt and pepper and mix together. It should be a nice thick consistency. If need be, just add a bit more flour.
- Get your bacon frying in a pan. Once it is cooked, remove from pan, and keep the fat in there!
- Add two ladels of your pancake batter to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Stack up your pancakes, add the bacon, squeeze on some honey, sprinkle on some parmesan and get stuck in!