Such a great way to change up the Sunday roast. BUY ALL THE INGREDIENTS BY CLICKING HERE , with CHOP CHOP, SAINSBURY'S HOME DELIVERY APP.
Make sure you keep basting the chicken with the juices!
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 1 Hour 15 Minutes
- 4 Potatoes
- Bunch of Rosemary
- Cayenne Pepper
- 1 1.6kg Chicken
- 1 Tin of Beer
- Total Cost - £10 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F.
- In to a bowl add a teaspoon of cayenne, cumin and dried oregano. Add 2 grated cloves of garlic and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add some salt and pepper and mix your rub together.
- Rub the spices all over the chicken. Open a 440ml can of beer. Pour half in to a glass. Then stuff the can up the cavity in the chicken. Place the chicken on a tray, and roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting ever 15 minutes.
- Slice potatoes in to wedges. Add to a tray with 7 bulbs of unpeeled garlic, a handful of rosemary leaves, salt pepper and olive oil. Roast in oven for an hour or until golden and crisp.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, carve it up, pour over any juices in the tray and serve with the chips. Enjoy!