Such a simple dish. Make sure the chorizo is nice and crispy before getting it out of the pan
The butter right at the end gives it a beautiful shine.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 40 minutes
- 250g Chorizo
- 100g Petit Pois
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Brown Onion
- 450g Risotto Rice
- 100g Parmesan
- 1 Tablespoon Salted Butter
- 187ml White Wine
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- Bunch of Parsley
- Total Cost – £8.50 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Peel your chorizo and slice it up. Finely slice your garlic and onion.
- Add your chorizo to a large pan. Fry until crisp. Remove chorizo nuggets, and then add the onion. Once softened, add your garlic. Cook for 30 seconds, and then pour in your wine.
- Reduce the alcohol, and then pour in the rice. Coat it in the chorizoey oil, and then start adding chicken stock.
- Keep adding stock and beating the rice until it is almost cooked through. At this point, add 100g frozen petit pois. Once the peas have cooked through, add the chorizo nuggets, a tablespoon of butter and a good seasoning of salt and pepper.
- Beat everything together, and then add a large handful of grated parmesan. Mix it in, and then add a handful of chopped parsley. Fold it through the risotto, and then take the pan off the heat. Serve with extra parmesan grated on top.