Bagel burgers. It’s a thing.
Make sure your patties are very thin.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 35 Minutes
- Chipotle Chilli Paste - £0.75
- 250g Cream Cheese - £0.49
- 2 Avocados £1.40
- 4 Bagels - £0.95
- 750g Beef Mince - £3.26
- 300g Smoked Streaky Bacon - £2.00
- Chives - £0.70
- 1 Lemon - £0.30
- Total Cost – £9.85 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Add flesh of 2 avocados to a bowl. Mash with a handful of chopped chives, salt, pepper and the juice of half a lemon.
- Add 220g of cream cheese to a bowl. Add a heaped tablespoon of chipotle paste and some salt. Mix it all together and set aside.
- Add your beef mince to a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of chipotle paste. Season with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Combine it with your hands. Once everything is mixed together, form the mince into a ball. Divide it into 8, and flatten each ball into a patty the thickness of a 1 pound coin.
- Get a griddle pan on the heat. Fry your bacon in the pan until crisp. Set it aside. Then add your patties to the pan and fry them in the residual bacon fat. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Assembly time. Toast your bagel and cut it in half. Add a thick layer of chipotle cream cheese, then a layer of bacon. Then a patty, then some guac, then another patty, and then top it off with another dollop of cream cheese and the bagel. Take a hench mouthful and enjoy.