It is a thing.
Keep an eye on the dish under the grill – take it out when it is golden and bubbling.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 50 Minutes
- 2 Sweet Potatoes - £0.70
- Plain Flour - £0.45
- 1 Pint Whole Milk - £0.50
- Rosemary - £0.70
- 250g Grated Cheddar - £2.50
- 100g Parmesan - £2.00
- 125 Goat’s Cheese - £1.60
- 500g Gnocchi - £0.75
- Total Cost – £9.20 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Peel and cube your sweet potatoes. Add to a pan of boiling water. Cook for 15 minutes until soft. Drain, reserve half the cubes and mash up the other half.
- Into a big pan add 4 tablespoons of olive oil and a tablespoon of flour. Then gradually pour in a pint of milk. Once this is absorbed, add your mashed sweet potato. Mix this in, and then add a 100g goat’s cheese, 200g cheddar and 80g parmesan. Stir it in.
- While the cheese is melting add your gnocchi to a bowl and cover with boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Once the cheese has melted in to the sauce, add the remaining cubes of sweet potato, the gnocchi and a heaped teaspoon of chopped rosemary. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Stir everything together, and then top the gnoccheroni cheese with your remaining goat’s cheese, parmesan and cheddar. Add some more rosemary leaves, drizzle over some olive oil, grind on some more pepper and then place the mac and cheese under the grill for 8-10 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- Serve up and tuck in!