The ultimate showstopper, perfect for Valentines.
Make sure you brush the pastry with egg yolk so it is nice and golden!
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 1 hour 20 Minutes
- 2 x Salmon Fillets
- Bunch of Dill
- Bunch of Parsley
- Sour Cream
- Puff Pastry
- 1 Egg
- 200g Spinach
- Total Cost – £9.90 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Add 2 sliced cloves of garlic to a frying pan with a splash of olive oil. After 20 seconds, add your spinach. Once wilted, remove from heat and squeeze through a sieve to drain.
- Add spinach to a bowl with a tablespoon and a half of both horseradish and sour cream. Add a handful of chopped dill, a handful of chopped parsley, salt and pepper. Mix together.
- Roll out your sheet of puff pastry. Cut it in half.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Add 1 of the pastry halves to the paper. Add some spinach mix. Then add your salmon fillet. Then top with spinach. Fold the pastry over, crimp it, brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with some sea salt. Repeat with the other pastry half.
- Place the tray in the oven for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden and crisp. Serve and enjoy!