The croutons will blow your minds mob.
Whack the croutons under the grill if they don’t start browning up after 30 minutes.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 50 Minutes
- Butter - £1.60
- White Baguette - £0.45
- Vegetable Stock - £0.50
- 1 Brown Onion - £0.16
- 2 Potatoes - £0.66
- 2 Leeks - £1.00
- 1 Broccoli - £0.55
- 200g Saint Agur - £1.55
- Total Cost – £6.47 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F
- Roughly chop your leeks, potatoes, onion and broccoli.
- Into a deep saucepan, add a large knob of butter. Then add the broccoli stalks, the potatoes, the leeks and then onion. Fry for 8 minutes until beginning to soften, and then add your broccoli heads. Mix everything in, and then pour in 800ml of vegetable stock.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook on a medium heat for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- In the meantime, get on with your croutons. Cut discs out of your baguette, and then spread 100g of the Saint Agur on the bread. Line up your croutons on a baking tray and place in the oven for 30 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Back to the soup. Once the vegetables are cooked through, remove the lid. Crumble in the rest of your Saint Agur, season with salt and pepper and then blitz with a hand blender until smooth.
- Serve the soup in bowls with the crispy croutons and any leftover cheese on top. Enjoy!