The freshest veggie burger about.
The peri peri mayo is everything – lather it on generously!
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 1 Hour
- Garlic - £0.30
- 1 Red Onion - £0.16
- Bag of Salad - £0.79
- Mayo - £0.40
- Red Chillies - £0.60
- Smoked Paprika - £0.85
- Red Oregano - £0.70
- Red Wine Vinegar - £0.80
- 3 Peppers (Not Green) - £0.63
- 4 Burger Buns - £0.70
- 2 Blocks of 225g Halloumi - £3.22
- 1 Lemon - £0.35
- Total Cost – £9.50 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Cut your peppers and red onions into chunks. Add them to a baking tray. Add half a lemon face down into the tray. Place tray in oven for 45 minutes.
- Once the peppers are beginning to char remove tray. Add 1 pepper, the onion, and the pulp of the roasted lemon to a blender, with a teaspoon of smoked paprika and oregano. Add 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar, a red chilli and a garlic clove. Season with salt and pepper and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Blitz until smooth.
- Get your halloumi on a hot griddle pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Toast your burger buns.
- Mix your blitzed peri peri with 5 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Assembly time. Take your bun. Add a layer of peri peri mayo. Then some halloumi, followed by some of the roasted peppers, some salad, more mayo, more halloumi and then top it with the bun. Tuck in and enjoy!