So easy. Sack off the ready made supermarket stuff. The ultimate winter warmer.
A squeeze of lemon juice at the end really gives it the fresh hit it needs before munching!
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 45 Minutes
- Red Wine Vinegar - £0.80
- Rosemary - £0.70
- Basil - £0.70
- Baguette - £0.45
- 3 Red Peppers - £1.23
- Garlic - £0.30
- 10 Vine Tomatoes - £1.67
- Chorizo - £2.50
- Total Cost – £8.35 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Add your tomatoes to the pan. Roughly chop your peppers and add them. Add a whole bulb of garlic cloves, skin on. Add a heaped tablespoon of rosemary leaves. Season with salt and pepper and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Crumble your chorizo into a frying pan. Cook over a medium heat until crispy. Remove the chorizo and save for the end. Pour the chorizo fat into your roasting vegetable tray, making sure everything is coated. Place the tray back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- When the vegetables are cooked and caramelized, remove the tray from the oven. Pour the vegetables into a large saucepan. Add 500ml chicken stock, a large handful of basil leaves and 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar. Bring to a simmer, and then blitz the soup with a hand blender until smooth.
- Serve with the crispy chorizo scattered on top, and a nice hunk of crusty bread.