A classic vegan comfort dish.
To crisp up the sweet potato whack it under the grill for 10 minutes
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 1 hour
- Garlic - £0.30
- 2 Sweet Potatoes - £0.48
- Vita Coco Oil - £3.99
- 200g Spinach - £1.00
- Bunch of Coriander - £0.70
- 400ml Coconut Milk - £0.71
- Thai Green Curry Paste - £1.20
- 3 Aubergines - £1.80
- Total Cost – £9.98 - This covers absolutely everything.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Place sweet potatoes in a baking tray and bake for 1 hour until soft.
- Chop your aubergines into small cubes. Add to a wide frying pan, with no oil. Cook until toasted and brown. Remove aubergines from the pan.
- Add 2 teaspoons of Vita Coco Coconut Oil to the pan. Add 2 cloves of chopped garlic and two heaped teaspoons of green curry paste. Cook for a minute, and then add your spinach.
- When the spinach has wilted, reintroduce your aubergines, and pour in your coconut milk. Add a handful of chopped coriander. Bubble it down until it is nice and thick.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven. Spoon out the soft flesh and add to a bowl. Add 3 teaspoons of Vita Coco Coconut Oil. Season with salt and pepper and mash it all together.
- Get a baking dish. Fill it with the aubergine curry, and then top it with the sweet potato. Place the dish in the oven for 20 minutes, and then place under the grill for a further 5-10 minutes to crisp up the top.
- Tuck in and enjoy!