So quick. Get that beautiful Thai flavour at home in minutes.
You may have to go to the butcher for ground chicken. But it is worth the effort. Trust.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 20 Minutes
- Sugar - £0.69
- Bunch of Basil - £0.70
- Lemongrass Puree - £1.10
- Basmati Rice - £0.90
- Red Chillies - £0.60
- 1 Brown Onion - £0.16
- Garlic - £0.30
- Fish Sauce - £1.20
- Soy Sauce - £1.00
- 500g Ground Chicken - £3.00
- Total Cost - £9.65 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Finely slice 1 onion, 1 red chilli and 3 cloves of garlic. Set them aside.
- Get your rice on – add 1 part rice to 2 parts boiling water. Cook until the water has been absorbed.
- Get a wok or a large frying pan on the heat. Add a splash of vegetable oil, and then tip in the ground chicken. Break it up with a spatula into lots of little pieces.
- Once the chicken has turned white, add your chilli, garlic, onion and 2 teaspoons of lemongrass puree. Mix them in.
- Once they have softened, add a tablespoon and a half of fish sauce, 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, and 3 heaped teaspoons of sugar. Mix it all in.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, pour in 150ml water. Bubble it down for 30 seconds, and then throw in your basil.
- Allow the basil to wilt, and then cook the chicken until the water has evaporated.
- Remove the wok from the heat, and set on a board.
- Serve the chicken on top of the steaming hot basmati rice. Enjoy!