The speediest, freshest vegan noodles about.
Mirin is the KEY here!
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 20 Minutes
- 150g Portobello Mushrooms - £0.79
- 1 Brown Onion - £0.16
- 1 Carrot - £0.06
- Bunch of Spring Onions - £0.49
- Pack of Shitake Mushrooms - £1.20
- 1 White Cabbage - £0.79
- Soy Sauce - !.30
- Mirin - £1.59
- Sesame Oil - £1.60
- 400g Wok Ready Udon Noodles - £1.79
- Total Cost - £9.77 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Slice up your Portobello mushrooms. Matchstick your carrots. Finely chop your onion. Shred 1/3 of a white cabbage. Finely slice 3 spring onions.
- Into a pan ad two tablespoons of sesame oil, and two tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Add your carrots, cabbage and onion. Allow to soften for 2-3 minutes, and then throw in your Portobello mushrooms.
- Cook for 1 more minute, and then add you shitake mushrooms. Mix everything in, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- At this point, add your spring onions. Cook for another 2 minutes, and then add the udon noodles. Season with pepper, and then add 4 tablespoons of soy sauce, and 2 tablespoons of mirin.
- Mix everything together, cook for another minute and then your noo are ready. Remove from the heat, and serve while hot. Garnish with sliced spring onion and enjoy!