THE FRESHEST SALAD ABOUT. TAHINI DRESSING IS EVERYTHING.
Cooking Time (Includes Preparation Time): 45 Minutes
- 30g Fresh Mint - £0.70
- 100g Pine Nuts - £2.00
- 1 Lemon - £0.30
- 200g Kale - £1.00
- 1 Red Onion - £0.21
- 1 clove of Garlic - £0.30
- 3 tablespoons of tahini - £2.09
- 80g Pomegranate seeds - £1.00
- 1 Large butternut squash £1.00
- 225g Halloumi - £1.70
- Total Cost - £9.80
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F
- Cut up 1 large butternut squash into cubes. Cut 1 red onion into chunks. Add to roasting tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in oven for 30 minutes or until caramelised and soft.
- Dressing time. Into a bowl add three tablespoons of tahini, half a clove of grated garlic, the juice of a lemon, a big pinch of salt and pepper, and a tablespoon of olive oil. Mix everything together. Add warm water until you have a thick, creamy consistency. Set dressing aside.
- Toast pine nuts and set aside.
- Steam kale until cooked through (7-8 minutes) and set aside.
- Cut halloumi into thick slices
- When the onions and the butternut squash are ready, move them from oven. Get a griddle pan on the heat (use frying pan if you don’t have a griddle), add a drizzle of olive oil, and then add halloumi.
- Cook on high heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Assembly time. Into a bowl, add butternut squash, onion, pine nuts, kale, pomegranate seeds, and a handful of chopped mint. Mix everything together. Pour tahini dressing over, and mix it in. Top the salad with leftover pine nuts, pomegranate seeds and mint leaves. Enjoy!