One for the vegan mob. So fresh, so quick, so easy.
Using Tofoo tofu is the best shout. It is super firm and works perfectly in the dish.
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 40 Minutes
- 2 x 280g Naked Tofoo - £4.00
- Garden Peas - £0.70
- Garlic - £0.30
- 330g Cauli Couscous - £0.80
- Coriander - £0.60
- 2 Brown Onions - £0.22
- 1 Sweet Potato - £0.35
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube - £0.39
- Coconut Milk - £0.75
- Medium Curry Paste - £1.29
- Total Cost: £9.10 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Heat a non stick pan and add 2 sliced onions and 2 sliced garlic cloves. Fry until soft, and then add the tofu cubes and curry paste, stir fry for 1 minute then add the sweet potato. Stir well, then pour the coconut milk and stock over. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes, remove the lid and let the curry bubble away and reduce until it has thickened. Cover and set aside.
- Couscous time. Pour your cauliflower couscous into a frying pan. Fry in some olive oil, and then add a large handful of frozen peas. Cook until the peas are hot, and then add a large handful of chopped coriander. Season with salt and pepper, and then remove from the heat.
- Time to serve up. Divide the cauliflower couscous between four plates, top with the curry and garnish with any leftover coriander leaves. Enjoy!
Share With The Mob: