The healthiest vegan sushi you'll ever eat. Guaranteed.
- 2 x 280g Pack of Tofoo Co. Tofu - £4.00
- Knob of ginger - £0.27
- 2 Aubergines - £1.40
- Soy Sauce - £1.00
- 2 Avocados - £1.80
- 1 Lime - £0.35
- Bunch of Coriander - £0.52
- Basmati Rice - £0.59
Total Cost: £9.93
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F
- Slice Tofoo blocks up into 1.5cm slices. You will need 16 slices so everyone gets 2 towers. Do the same with the aubergines, so you make little discs. Again, you need 16.
- Add the Tofoo and aubergine into a bowl, and then add a 1 heaped teaspoon of grated ginger and 3 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Leave to marinade for 10 minutes, and then lay them out on a baking tray. Place them in oven for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, make you guacamole. Into a bowl, add the two avocados, a handful of chopped coriander, the juice of half a lime, a chopped red chilli, salt, pepper and a glug of olive oil. Mash everything together with a fork, cover the bowl and set aside for serving.
- Time to get your rice on. To make the basmati rice sticky, add 1 part rice to 3 parts cold water into a pan on a high heat. Allow to cook until the rice has absorbed all the water.
- While the rice is cooking, make your soy and ginger dressing to pour over the towers. In a small bowl, add 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the juice of half a lime, a small handful of chopped coriander and a teaspoon of grated ginger. Mix together, and set aside for serving.
- Remove the Tofoo and aubergine from the oven.
- Serving time. On a plate, lay down a disc of aubergine. Spoon over a bit of dressing, and then add a tablespoon of rice. Flatten it down, then add a slice of Tofoo, and then a tablespoon of guacamole on top of that. Then add another slice of Tofoo, another tablespoon of rice, and pour over a bit more dressing. Add another tablespoon of guacamole, and then top it with another disc of aubergine. Pour over the remaining dressing and enjoy!