One version for the veggies. One for the meateaters. All for under a tenner. The simplest brunch about.
The muffins are ready once they are firm, so just keep checking them!
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 30 Minutes
- 10 Eggs - £2.20
- 225g Chorizo Ring - £2.50
- Bag of Spinach - £0.50
- 250g Chestnut Mushrooms - £1.00
- 1 Lemon - £0.35
- Bunch of Thyme - £0.70
- Goat’s Cheese - £1.60
- Garlic - £0.30
- Milk - £0.45
- Total Cost - £9.60 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F
- Start with egg mixture. Beat 10 eggs, season with salt and pepper, and add a splash of milk. Mix together, pour into a jug and set aside.
- The chorizo one. Break your chorizo ring into bitesize nuggets. Fry the chorizo down until it is crispy, and then add 2 or 3 big handfuls of spinach. Wilt it down, and then remove the pan from the heat. Set the chorizo and spinach aside, give the pan a rinse and then place it back on the hob.
- The mushroom one. Finely slice your chestnut mushrooms and 2 cloves of garlic. Add the garlic to the pan with a splash of olive oil. Fry for a minute, and then add your mushrooms. Fry the mushrooms until they are brown and caramelising. At this point, season with salt and pepper, throw in a handful of thyme leaves, grate over the zest of half a lemon and squeeze over 7-8 lemon juice drops (don’t add too much lemon juice, as it will overpower everything).
- Mix it all together, and then remove from the heat.
- Time to make the muffins. Take a muffin tin. Pour a drop of oil into each muffin mould and rub it around the mould with your finger. Then, in six moulds, add your mushroom mix, and in the other six add the chorizo. Pour your egg mixture over the filling, so it comes to just below the top of the mould.
- Whack the tin into the oven for 13-15 minutes, or until the muffins are firm.
- Remove the tin from the oven, and run a knife around the edge of each mould. Spoon the muffins out of the moulds, and arrange on a board. Tuck in and enjoy while they are hot!
Share With The Mob: