A fun one for sharing. One for the veggies.
Make sure you mix it up with different spices in different fritters.
Make your own tzatziki – it is the perfect, refreshing dip to go with your fritters.
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 55 MINUTES
- Lemon - £0.35
- Cucumber - £0.42
- Greek Yoghurt - £1.00
- Eggs x 10 - £1.00
- Coriander - £0.70
- Carrots x 5 - £0.30
- Corn on the Cob x 4 - £2.00
- Spring Onions - £0.98
- Courgettes x 5 - £1.89
- Self-Raising Flour - £0.80
- Total Cost - £9.44 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Grate your courgettes. Put into the first big bowl. Grate your carrots. Put into the second big bowl. Slice the corn off the cobs. Put into the third big bowl.
- Chop the coriander stalks and spring onion. Grate the zest off the lemon.
- To the corn, add coriander stalks and pepper. Too the courgettes, add pepper, lemon zest and spring onions. Too the carrots, add coriander and spring onions.
- Beat your eggs.
- Split the beaten eggs equally amongst your three big bowls.
- Then, add four level tablespoons of flour to each big bowl.
- Mix everything together in each bowl.
- Heat a frying pan with a good glug of olive oil.
- Once it is very hot, drop little dollops of your vegetable mixtures into the oil, and flatten them into fritters. Do this with all your veg.
- Once the fritters are cooked, make your tzatziki. Add to yoghurt to a bowl with a grated cucumber, and the juice of one lemon.
- Scatter the leftover coriander leaves over the fritters and serve with the tzatziki.
Share With The Mob: