Perfect for a hangover or brunch with your crew.
Putting your frittata in the oven – this is how you can cook it the whole way through without burning the bottom.
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 35 MINUTES
- 1 Loaf of Sourdough - £1.50
- 1 Pint of Whole Milk - £0.45
- 300 Grams of Smoked Bacon - £1.35
- Ricotta - £2.40
- 1 Bag of Spinach - £1.50
- 10 Eggs - £1.50
- Total Cost - £8.70 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC/320ºF.
- Whisk eggs and add a big splash of whole milk. Add salt and pepper.
- Chop bacon into small chunks and fry in a deep-set pan. Once it is crispy, add the spinach, and allow it to wilt (this should only take a minute or so).
- When bacon is crispy, and spinach wilted, add the eggs. Turn down the heat. Drop in ¾ of the ricotta, in dollop sized pieces.
- After around 8 minutes, or until the sides are cooked, take pan off the heat and put into the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Toast your sourdough slices.
- Take frittata out of oven.
- Add leftover ricotta to serve.
Share With The Mob: