A quick, light, healthy dinner. No added fat. Perfect for post gym or pre night out. So easy to do, and the steaming means it doesn’t leave your clothes smelling like fried fish. Ideal.
Make sure the tin foil is tight whenever you bake or steam anything – you don’t want anything getting out!
If the salmon is slightly pink in the middle, that’s okay! If anything, it’s better – much more tasty.
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 15 MINUTES
- 1 Red Chilli - £0.60
- 1 Big Thumb-Sized Knob of Ginger - £0.49
- 1 Bunch of Coriander - £0.70
- 4 Salmon Fillets- £6.00
- 400g Basmati Rice - £0.99
- 1 Bottle of Soy Sauce - £1.19
- Total Cost: £9.97 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Place salmon into baking tray
- Add chopped ginger and chillies and coriander stalks to tray.
- Add a small glass of water, and the same amount of soy sauce.
- Cover the tray TIGHTLY in tin toil (we don’t want the steam to escape).
- Bake in oven for 12 minutes.
- While the salmon is in the oven, put 1 part rice and 2 parts boiling water into a pan.
- Boil until the water disappears.
- Take salmon out the oven. Remove tin foil, and scatter over the coriander leaves.