One tray. So simple. So sticky. So delicious.
The basting is key – it will make the chicken skins extra sticky.
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 1 HOUR
- 1 Whole Broccoli - £0.45
- Bunch of Coriander - £0.70
- 2 Limes - £0.60
- 100g of Sesame Seeds - £0.85
- Chinese Five-Spice - £0.85
- 8 Chicken Thighs - £3.00
- Clear Runny Honey - £0.99
- Soy Sauce - £1.30
- Spring Onions - £0.49
- Total Cost – £9.23 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/ 356°F
- Place chicken thighs in a tray. Break your broccoli up into bite-size chunks. Add them to the tray.
- Add two teaspoons of Chinese five-spice, two tablespoons of runny honey, a thumb of grated ginger, a good drizzle of soy sauce (3 tablespoons), a handful of chopped spring onions, 8 slices of lime and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Mix everything together, making sure chicken thighs are skin side up, and place in oven for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, remove from oven and baste. Place back in for 10 more minutes.
- After 10 minutes, baste again.
- 10 minutes later, baste again, and sprinkle a handful of sesame seeds over the top.
- Place back in oven for 5 more minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Add a handful more sesame seeds, a handful of chopped spring onions and a handful of coriander leaves. Squeeze over the juice of a lime and serve!
Share With The Mob: