The perfect Sunday Roast.
The crackliest crackling you’ll ever eat.
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 3 HOURS
- Red Apples - £1.10
- Butter - £1.09
- 1 Pint of Milk - £0.58
- Potatoes - £1.00
- Wholegrain Mustard - £0.55
- 1 Bunch of Thyme - £0.70
- Pork Belly - £5.00
- Total Cost – £9.97 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat your oven to 160°C/320°F
- Score your belly. Cover the skin in salt. Leave for 5 minutes, then dab it. This will draw out the moisture and make the crackling cracklier. Add 3 quartered apples and lots of thyme. Drizzle in olive oil and pepper it.
- Whack it in the oven for three hours.
- Half an hour before the end, cut your potatoes into small pieces and boil until soft. Drain, and then add a big knob of butter, 4 heaped teaspoons of mustard, a large cup of milk, salt and pepper. Mash hard. Keep adding milk until it is a creamy consistency.
- 20 minutes before the pork is done, add two more quartered apples.
- At the end of the three hours, if there are parts of the skin that are perfectly crackling, turn on the grill place the pork belly under it for 1 minute. But be careful not to burn it!
- Take out the pork and crave into slices. Serve with the mash and caramelised apples, and a sprinkling of fresh thyme over the top.
Share With The Mob: