Really fresh. Really healthy. Perfect zingy, nutty dressing.
Try and grate the carrots and beetroots as finely as possible.
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 1 HOUR
- Soy Sauce - £1.19
- Ginger - £0.36
- A Bunch of Coriander - £0.70
- 2 Limes - £0.60
- Toasted Sesame Oil - £1.60
- Medium Chicken - £3.00
- 8 Raw Beetroots - £1.75
- 8 Carrots - £0.45
- Total Cost – £9.65 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/356°F
- Place chicken in baking tray. Make a rub with a small thumb of grated ginger, 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil, and a tablespoon of olive oil. Rub it all over the chicken. Salt the skin and then place in the oven for 80 minutes, or until the skin is golden and the chicken is cooked.
- Finely grate your carrots and beetroots. Add into a bowl.
- Now for the dressing. Key part. Into a jar, add 2 teaspoons of sesame oil, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a heaped teaspoon of grated ginger.
- Shake it all together.
- Take chicken out of the oven and shred it.
- Place the meat in with the grated root vegetables, and pour over the dressing.
- Add a handful of chopped coriander and mix it all together.
- To serve, sprinkle over the juice of one more lime, and scatter over the leftover coriander leaves.
- Depending on the size of the carrots and beetroots, you may need a little extra soy sauce, so keep it handy!
Share With The Mob: