So easy, so healthy, and so cheap.
Add a good scattering of chilli flakes at the end for a last minute bit of heat.
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 45 MINUTES
- Chilli Flakes - £0.85
- 2 Red Onions - £0.33
- Rosemary - £0.70
- 1 Lemon - £0.35
- 200 Grams of Curly Kale - £1.00
- Chipolatas - £2.50
- 2 Butternut Squash - £3.00
- Total Cost – £8.73 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/356°F
- Cut your butternut squash into strips roughly the same size as the chipolatas. Add them to a tray, with your chipolatas. Roughly chop both your onions and chuck them in. Grate the zest of your lemon and put that in. Add a teaspoon or two of chilli flakes, a drizzle of oil and some salt and pepper. Mix it all together and whack it in the oven for 35 minutes.
- 30 minutes into cooking, get your kale into a steamer and cook for 5 minutes. Then, take the tray out the oven and add the kale. Mix everything together, and then place the sausages on top of it all. Put the tray back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Squeeze half your lemon over everything, add another teaspoon of chilli flakes (if you like it spicy) and serve. Easy as 1,2,3.
Share With The Mob: