All homemade. So fresh. So much better than buying the pack.
Get some multiseed wraps for a bit of extra texture.
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 40 MINUTES
- Ground Cumin - £0.85
- Smoked Paprika - £0.85
- Bunch of Coriander - £0.70
- 1 Lime - £0.30
- 4 Peppers - £1.66
- 8 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Thighs - £2.50
- 1 Red Onion - £0.17
- 2 Large Avocados - £2.00
- 8 Multiseed Tortilla Wraps - £0.90
- Total Cost – £9.93 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Cut your chicken thighs into strips and place in bowl. Add two teaspoons of both cumin and smoked paprika. Grate in the zest of half a lime. Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil, some salt and some pepper, and mix everything together. Cover with cling film and leave to marinate for 25 minutes.
- Guacamole time. Scoop flesh out of 2 large avocados. Squeeze in the juice of a lime, and a large handful of chopped coriander. Add a splash of olive oil, some salt and some pepper, and mash everything together. Cover with cling film and leave in fridge until everything else is ready.
- Peppers time. Cut pepper and red onion into strips. Add them into a frying pan with a splash of oil and a teaspoon of smoked paprika. Fry until soft, adding a splash of water 2 minutes before the end. When the water has almost completely evaporate, leaving a thick juice, remove the peppers and onion from the pan and put in a bowl.
- Chicken time. Add your chicken into the pan. Fry until cooked through, and then remove from heat.
- Assembly time. Take a wrap. Spoon in some guacamole, some of the peppers and some chicken. Add a squeeze of lime and some coriander leaves, roll up and tuck in!
Share With The Mob: