I challenge you to find a more delicious vegetarian recipe.
Try whole meal pittas for a healthy switch.
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 45 MINUTES
- 1 Aubergine - £0.70
- 70g Rocket - £0.89
- Bunch of Basil - £0.70
- 2 Courgettes - £0.76
- 6 Pittas - £0.50
- 4 Peppers (Red, Orange or Yellow. NOT Green.) - £2.00
- 500g of Halloumi - £4.00
- Total Cost – £9.55 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/ 356°F
- Slice your aubergine into discs. Cut your courgette into strips. De-seed peppers, and cut them into thirds (you want nice big pieces).
- Place chopped vegetables in a baking tray. Add salt, pepper and olive oil. Mix together, and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove from oven, mix everything around, and place back into oven for 10 minutes or until everything is very soft.
- Cut Halloumi into thick slices. Place slices on a griddle pan for 3 minutes each side.
- While halloumi is grilling, make your basil dressing. Chop a large handful of basil and place in a jar with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, some salt and some pepper. Put the lid on and shake it about.
- Take your vegetables out the oven and pour over the dressing, saving a bit to drizzle over the pittas at the end. Mix the vegetables about.
- Warm up your pittas, and then cut them in half to form a little pocket.
- Fill the pitta pocket with your grilled vegetables, a slice or two of halloumi and a small handful of rocket. Drizzle over a small amount of the leftover dressing and tuck in!
Share With The Mob: