Healthiest breakfast you’ll eat in 2017.
The herbs are key here – mint and parsley really freshen everything up. Also make sure you get petit pois, not normal garden peas. I have budgeted so that you can do this and still come in at under £10.
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 25 MINUTES
- 250g Asparagus - £1.50
- 1kg Petit Pois - £1.50
- 8 Eggs - £1.50
- Bunch of Mint - £0.70
- Bunch of Parsley - £0.70
- Garlic - £0.30
- 3 Big Handfuls of Kale - £1.00
- 3 Big Handfuls of Spinach - £1.00
- Parma Ham - £1.40
- Total Cost – £9.60 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Finely chop 2 garlic cloves, and chop your asparagus into 2cm long pieces.
- Place garlic and asparagus into a big frying pan with some olive oil. Allow to soften (1-2 minutes) and then add your kale. Pour in a small glass of water, and allow kale to soften (1-2 minutes).
- Once softened, add the spinach. Allow to wilt, and then add a handful of chopped parsley and a handful of chopped mint. Add 3 - 4 cups of defrosted petit pois.
- Mix together, and then, with a spoon, make 8 little wells in the green mixture and add your eggs. Do this carefully so the yolks don’t break.
- Pop the lid on, and leave the eggs to steam for 12 minutes, or until the white is hardened and the yolks are still soft.
- Remove from the heat, and then drape your Parma ham over the top. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, a twist of salt and pepper and any left over mint and parsley leaves. Enjoy!
Share With The Mob: