Almost too simple. Whack everything in a tray, bake it, and eat it.
Scatter on some almonds just before you finish cooking, so they toast on the top.
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 1 HOUR
- 100g Flaked Almonds - £1.15
- 2 Sweet Potatoes - £0.66
- 1 Lemon - £0.35
- 1 Bunch Coriander - £0.70
- Smoked Paprika - £0.85
- Ground Cumin - £0.85
- Garlic - £0.30
- 2 Peppers - £1.00
- 2 Red Onions - £0.33
- Chicken Thighs - £3.00
- Total Cost – £9.19 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/356ºF.
- Place chicken thighs in a tray, skin side up.
- Add chopped peppers, sweet potatoes, onions and a full bulb of garlic (leave the cloves unpeeled.
- Add the zest of one lemon, two teaspoons of cumin, two teaspoons of smoked paprika, and a scattering of almonds.
- Mix everything together, and put into the oven for 40 minutes.
- Take tray out of the oven and mix everything about.
- Place bake into oven for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with a scattering of coriander, and your left over almonds.
Share With The Mob: