Misoey, sticky chicken. Perfectly complemented with the ginger and coriander. It’s a winner of a dish.
Save a tablespoon of miso paste for the rice.
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 45 MINUTES
- 500g Long Grain Rice - £0.99
- Bunch of Coriander - £0.70
- 320g of Chicken Breast - £3.00
- Honey - £0.99
- Toasted Sesame Oil - £1.60
- Ginger - £0.54
- Itsu Miso Soup - £2.00
- Total Cost – £9.82 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/ 356°F
- Place chicken into a large bowl.
- Now make your marinade. Into a small bowl, add tablespoons of honey, 2 teaspoons of sesame oil and 2 tablespoons of miso paste. Add a small glass of water and mix everything together until you have a smooth mixture.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Pour the chicken, with the juices, into a baking tray, and bake for 25 minutes, or until the chicken is moist on the inside, but cooked through (can vary on the size of the chicken pieces).
- Now for the rice. Place 1 part rice (100g per person) into a pan. Add 2 parts boiling water, and 1 tablespoon of miso paste. Mix it altogether so the miso is absorbed by the water. Turn to a medium heat, and let it bubble away until the water has evaporated (10-12 minutes). At this point, this rice should be cooked.
- Place rice into a serving dish. Mix a handful of finely chopped coriander stalks into the rice. Place chicken pieces on top, and scatter over your remaining coriander leaves.
Share With The Mob: