The breakfast of kings.
The manchego makes this. It’s expensive, but we budgeted so you can still buy it and keep the shopping list to under £10.
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 40 MINUTES
- Pitted Green Olives - £0.75
- 5 Potatoes (Ideally with red skins) - £1.29
- 1 White Onion - £0.16
- Bunch of Parsley - £0.70
- 175g of Manchego - £3.00
- 10 Free Range Eggs - £2.20
- Total Cost – £8.10 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Slice your onion into discs. Halve the discs, and then add to a frying pan. Fry until soft and slightly browned, and then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Slice your potatoes into discs. Add them to the pan, and fry until soft, and browned on each side (roughly 5 minutes each side on a medium heat). Once browned and softened, remove from heat and set aside.
- Into a big bowl, crack 10 eggs. Add a cup of chopped green olives, a handful of chopped parsley, your cooked onions and potatoes, and a good sprinkle of salt and pepper. Whisk everything together.
- Pour some oil into a large pan and place on a medium-low heat. Pour the tortilla mix into the pan. Crumble ¾ of the manchego on top. Cook for 15 minutes, occasionally running a spatula around the edge so it doesn’t stick.
- After 15 minutes, remove pan from heat, and place a large plate on top of it. In one quick motion, flip the pan over, so the plate is now on the bottom. The tortilla should now be resting on the plate.
- Place the pan back on the heat. Slide the tortilla off the plate, back into the pan, making sure you push all the bits of potato and onion under the tortilla as you do this.
- Cook for 5 more minutes on a medium-low heat, and then remove the pan. Place the plate back on top, and flip again.
- Grate over your last bit of manchego, and add a small handful of parsley. The perfect breakfast. Enjoy.
Share With The Mob: