Clemenza’s famous meatball recipe from the Godfather, for the Mob.
Adding balsamic vinegar will give the dish a beautiful, rich sweetness.
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 30 MINUTES
- Casarecce Pasta (Should be able to find in all large supermarkets. If not, penne or a shell paste will work fine.) - £0.59
- Balsamic Vinegar - £1.00
- Chilli Flakes - £0.85
- Tinned Tomatoes (You want to use the good ones in this recipe) - £1.90
- Parmesan - £2.00
- Garlic - £0.30
- Basil - £0.70
- Sausages - £2.50
- Total Cost – £9.84 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Take your sausages. Cut a little slit in the skin, and then squeeze out the meat. Make that meat into little balls. Roughly three balls per sausage.
- Fry your balls until the have browned on all sides (roughly 2 minutes on each side on a medium heat). Don’t jiggle them about too much or else they will break up.
- Once browned, add 3 cloves of sliced garlic.
- Once the garlic has softened, but not browned, add half your basil leaves.
- When they have wilted, add two tins of tomatoes. Half fill the tins with water and pour into the sauce.
- Bring to the boil, and then simmer until the sauce has thickened, reducing roughly by half. This should take around 15 minutes.
- Cook your pasta in salted water. Once cooked, add it to the sauce. Mix it all together, and serve with leftover basil, grated parmesan and more chilli flakes (if you like it spicy!)
Share With The Mob: