This recipe will change the way you look at breakfast forever.
Fry your chorizo so it is nice and crisp before adding the vegetables
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES
- Feta - £1.20
- 1 Bunch of Parsley - £0.70
- 1 Brown Onion - £0.16
- 2 Peppers - £1.00
- Red Chillies - £0.60
- Garlic - £0.30
- Chorizo - £2.50
- 10 Eggs - £1.50
- Tinned Tomatoes - £1.90
- Total Cost – £9.86 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/356ºF.
- Finely chop the 1 chilli, the onion and 3 garlic cloves. Cut the peppers into strips, and break the chorizo into little nuggets.
- Add the chorizo to a big pan. Fry until crisp. Then add the vegetables. Fry until slightly softened, for 5 or 6 minutes, and then add your tinned tomatoes. Fill up both tins with water, and pour that in to. Give it a stir and let it to bubble away. You want the sauce to be a thick consistency, so allow it reduce by around half.
- Take the sauce off the heat and smooth out the surface. Then, make little holes in the sauce and gently drop in the eggs, so the yolks stay in tact.
- Place the whole pan into the oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove the pan, and add crumbled feta and parsley.
Share With The Mob: