Such a good alternative to the classic.
Check the lasagna 15-20 minutes into cooking – if the top is browning too quickly, just put on some tin foil, and then remove it 5 minutes from the end.
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 2 HOURS
- 2 Butternut Squash - £1.80
- Dijon Mustard - £0.55
- Garlic - £0.30
- 500g Lasagna Pasta - £0.59
- 100g Parmesan - £2.00
- 1 Ball of Mozzarella - £0.70
- 400g Spinach - £2.00
- Bunch of Sage - £0.70
- 250g Ricotta - £1.20
- Total Cost - £9.84 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Half and de-seed butternut squash. Whack them in oven for 50 minutes or until soft.
- Spinach filling time. Finely chop 3 cloves of garlic. Throw them in a pan with some olive oil. Cook for 30 seconds, and then drop in your spinach. Once wilted (1 minute), add 6-7 chopped sage leaves. Then, add 125g ricotta and 30g Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Take your butternuts out the oven. Remove skins. Place one of them in a blender. Pulse, adding water, until you have a puree. Cube your other butternut squash into bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl, place your butternut puree, your butternut cubes, 125g of Ricotta, a large teaspoon of Dijon mustard, some salt and some pepper. Mix it all together.
- Assembly time. Start with a layer of butternut mixture. Then layer on some lasagna sheets. Then a spinach layer, topped with a good grating of Parmesan. Then more lasagna sheets. Then more butternut squash filling. Then more lasagna sheets. Then, finally, spoon over the remainder of your butternut squash and spinach mixture to make the top layer. Cover with discs of mozzarella, and grate the rest of your Parmesan over the top. Add a drizzle of olive oil, a good grinding of black pepper, and put into the oven for 45 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Check the lasagna 15-20 minutes into cooking – if the top is browning too quickly, just put on some tin foil, and then remove it 5 minutes from the end.
Share With The Mob: