The ultimate hot dog for the mob.
The sweet, mashed apple works an absolute treat. Also, the Dijon is key.
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 1 HOUR
- 12 Good Pork Sausages - £5.00
- French Baguette - £0.45
- Dijon Mustard - £0.55
- 5 Red Apples - £1.00
- 5 Brown Onions - £0.83
- Ketchup - £1.45
- Total Cost - £9.28 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Get your 12 sausages. Squeeze the meat out the skins. Squidge it all into a big ball. Then pat and roll it out, until you have one big sausage, roughly the same length as your baguette. Wrap it tight in tin foil, place on a baking tray, and cook for 40 minutes.
- Mashed apple time. Quarter 5 red apples. Place in baking tray. Cover with salt, pepper and olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes or until very soft.
- Caramelized onion time. Finely slice 5 brown onions. Place in frying pan with a good glug of olive oil. Cook on medium to low heat until very soft. Before removing from heat season with salt and pepper.
- After 40 minutes in the oven, remove the sausage from the foil. Place back in the oven, under the grill, for 2 minutes on each side. This is give it a nice brown crust. Be careful to keep it checking, though, so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove apples from oven. Mash to a rough consistency.
- Assembly time. Take your French baguette. Slice it open. Spread butter on one side, and Dijon mustard on the other. Line one side with the mashed apples. Lay your sausage on top. Then line the other side with caramelized onions. Top with Dijon mustard and ketchup.
- Carve it up and enjoy!
Share With The Mob: