An unbeatable breakfast. And making the most of asparagus while it’s in season.
Smoked streaky bacon is the only bacon for this one
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 15 MINUTES
- 275g Smoked Streaky Bacon - £1.04
- 2 x Bundles of Asparagus - £3.60
- 8 Eggs - £2.20
- Parmesan - £2.00
- 1 Lemon - £0.30
- Total Cost - £9.14 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Wrap each asparagus spear with 1 piece of bacon. Line on a rack and place in oven for 15 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
- Egg time. Place 8 eggs in a pan of boiling water, for 4 minutes, so the yolks are extra runny.
- Assembly time. Place eggs in cups. Lie asparagus on a plate. Shave parmesan over the asparagus and squeeze over some lemon juice.
- Chop of the tops of the eggs, dunk in your dippers and enjoy.
Share With The Mob: