The most comforting dish you’ll ever eat.
Make sure the chorizo is nice and crispy before you add your tinned tomatoes
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 50 MINUTES
- Crushed Chillies - £0.85
- Parmesan - £2.00
- Mozzarella - £1.50
- Chopped Tomatoes - £0.31
- Spinach - £1.00
- Basil - £1.00
- Garlic - £0.30
- Chorizo - £2.50
- 500g Gnocchi - £0.75
- Total Cost - £9.91 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Finely chop 2 cloves of garlic and chop chorizo into nuggets.
- Place chorizo in frying pan and cook until crispy. Then add garlic, a teaspoon of chilli flakes and a handful of basil leaves. Cook for 30 seconds, and then add 200g of spinach. Wilt the spinach down, and then pour in a tin of chopped tomatoes. Fill the tin halfway with water, and pour that in. Turn sauce onto a medium heat and allow to reduce and thicken.
- While the sauce is thickening, put your gnocchi into a bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Once the sauce has thickened remove from the heat.
- Drain the gnocchi and pour it into a baking dish. Cover the gnocchi with your chorizo sauce. Flatten it out, and then tear two balls of mozzarella over the top. Cover the whole dish with grated Parmesan, and then place under the grill for 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
Share With The Mob: