Everyone’s favourite salad stuffed inside a chicken breast. What’s not to love?
Find a good balsamic glaze to get the breasts nice and sticky.
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 40 MINUTES
- Balsamic Glaze - £1.00
- Bunch of Basil - £0.70
- 3 Big Tomatoes - £0.46
- Punnet of Cherry Tomatoes - £1.00
- 70g Rocket - £1.00
- 2 x 150g Balls of Mozzarella - £1.40
- 4 Chicken Breasts - £4.00
- Total Cost - £9.56 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC/338ºF.
- Season breasts with salt and pepper.
- Cut pockets in your chicken breasts, and stuff with slices of tomato, mozzarella and basil leaves (about 2 thickish slices of tomato, and 2 thickish slices of mozzarella in each breast).
- Squeeze the breasts down, and then place in a frying pan with a splash of olive oil.
- Add a good drizzle of balsamic glaze. Cook for 3 minutes on first side.
- Turn breasts. Add your cherry tomatoes. Add another drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Cook for another two minutes, and then add a small glass of water to loosen the juices. Cook for one more minute, and then place pan in the oven for 15 minutes so the chicken cooks through. Baste after 10 minutes so the chicken is extra sticky.
- Remove pan from oven and place the chicken and tomatoes on a serving plate, on top of a bed of rocket.
- Place the pan back on the heat and reduce the juices by half so you are left with a sticky glaze. Pour this over the chicken, add some basil leaves and serve!
Share With The Mob: