Fresher than fresh Asian courgette ribbon and chicken salad.
Toast your sesame seeds before putting them in the salad. Gives it a lovely depth.
1 hour 30 minutes (includes preparation time).
- 6 Courgettes - £2.27
- 1 Chicken - £3.00
- Lettuce - £0.49
- Ginger - £0.27
- Fresh Red Chillies - £0.60
- Soy Sauce - £1.00
- Bunch of Coriander - £0.70
- 1 Lime - £0.30
- Sesame Seeds - £0.85
- 1 Cucumber - £0.50
- Total Cost - £9.98 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC/338ºF.
- Place chicken in roasting tray. Season with salt, pepper and olive oil, and place in oven for 80 minutes.
- Toast your sesame seeds. Set aside.
- Get a peeler. Peel your courgettes length ways, so you end up with long ribbons. Place ribbons in a big salad bowl.
- Halve your courgette and peel off the skin, and then peel into ribbons. When you get to the watery core, turn the courgette and peel the other side. You don’t want the water bit. Place ribbons in the salad bowl.
- Remove chicken from oven. Carve it and shred the meat. Throw into the bowl.
- Add one chopped lettuce, a large handful of toasted sesame seeds, a handful of chopped coriander and a grated red chilli. Grate in a large knob of ginger. Squeeze in the juice of a lime, pour in 4-5 tablespoons of soy sauce and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix everything together. Scatter any leftover sesame seeds and coriander leaves on top and serve! Enjoy!
Share With The Mob: