Sack off the carton stuff. This recipe is the business. And so, so refreshing.
Get some nice tomatoes.
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 10 MINUTES
- Bread Roll - £0.30
- Sherry Vinegar - £1.40
- Garlic - £0.30
- Spring Onions - £0.49
- 1 Red Pepper - £0.50
- 1 Green Pepper - £0.50
- 1 Cucumber - £0.50
- 14 Plum Tomatoes - £1.85
- Total Cost - £5.84 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Prep. Time. Peel, de-seed and slice 1 cucumber. De-seed 1 red and 1 green pepper, and chop into chunks. Chop 1 and a half garlic cloves into slices. Slice up 3 spring onions. Tear up a stale bread roll.
- Throw all this ingredients into a large bowl. Add 3 and a half tablespoons of sherry vinegar, 5 tablespoons of olive oil and a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Get your hands stuck in and crush everything into a pulp. Once it is broken down, get the blender involved.
- Blend until smooth, and then ladle the gazpacho into a pouring jug.
- Serve with lots of ice, and a drizzle of good olive oil on top at the end, and a bit of pepper. Enjoy.
Share With The Mob: