The ultimate surf n’ turf.
Make sure the chorizo is nice and crispy before adding the squid.
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 25 MINUTES
- 400g Butter Beans - £0.50
- 400g Chickpeas - £0.50
- 1 Lemon - £0.35
- Bunch of Parsley - £0.60
- Garlic - £0.30
- 225g Ring of Chorizo - £2.50
- 190g Mini Peppers - £1.25
- 410g Squid - £4.00
- Total Cost - £10.00 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F
- Place your mini peppers in a baking tray. Cover with salt, pepper and olive oil and then place in the oven for 25 minutes or until charred and soft.
- Chop your chorizo into bitsize pieces. Place in a large frying pan on a medium heat, so the fat renders out.
- While the chorizo is crisping up, prepare your squid. Lay it on a tray, and slice it up so you are left with lots of squid rings. Keep the tentacles whole.
- When the chorizo starts getting crispy, throw in two cloves of chopped garlic.
- After 1 minute, add your squid. This will take about 5-6 minutes to cook. Add a good sprinkle of pepper to the pan, and then remove your surf n’ turf from the heat.
- Time to assemble the salad. Into a big serving dish, add your squid and chorizo. Then add your peppers, chickpeas, butter beans and a big handful of chopped fresh parsley. Squeeze in the juice of a lemon, drizzle over some olive oil and serve! Enjoy!
Share With The Mob: