Such a fresh summery dish.
The pomegranate seeds at the end provide the perfect cooling bursts of flavour.
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 50 MINUTES
- 1 Cucumber - £0.50
- Garlic - £0.30
- Bunch of Mint - £0.70
- 1 Lemon - £0.30
- Pot of Yoghurt - £0.90
- Pomegranate Seeds - £1.00
- 4 Pittas - £0.50
- Garam Masala - £0.85
- Cayenne Pepper - £0.85
- 400g Chickpeas - £0.50
- 1 Red Onion - £0.17
- 3 Courgettes - £1.13
- 2 Peppers (Not Green) - £1.00
- 1 Cauliflower - £1.00
- Total Cost - £9.70 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Finely chop courgettes, red onion and pepper into bitesize pieces. Break cauliflower up into little florets. Place into a baking tray. Pour in a tin of chickpeas, with some of the starchy water. Pour over a good glug of olive oil, add two heaped teaspoons of cayenne pepper, two heaped teaspoons of garam masala, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and mix everything together. Place in oven for 30 minutes.
- Tzatziki time. Pour a pot of yoghurt into the bowl. Add a small bunch of finely chopped mint, the juice of one lemon, and one grated cucumber. Grate in a clove of garlic, season well and mix it all together.
- After 30 minutes, remove vegetables from oven, mix them about, and then place back in the oven for 15 more minutes.
- Assembly time. Take a warm pitta. Load it with your spiced vegetables, then tzatziki, then some pomegranate seeds, then some more vegetables, more tzatziki, more pomegranate seeds, and TUCK IN!
Share With The Mob: