Changing up the usual shak. This one is a winner.
Goat's Cheese would also work a charm here.
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 50 MINUTES
- 1 Tin Cirio Plum Tomatoes - £0.50
- Paprika - £0.85
- Cumin - £0.85
- Garlic - £0.30
- 1 Brown Onion - £0.16
- Block of Feta - £1.20
- Bunch of Parsley - £0.70
- 4 Peppers (Not Green) - £4.00
- 8 Eggs - £2.20
- Total Cost - £9.26 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Halve and de-seed 4 peppers. Place them on baking tray, season with a pinch of cumin and paprika, salt, pepper and olive oil, and place in oven for 20 minutes to soften.
- Shakshuka filling time. Finely chop three cloves of garlic and an onion. Soften garlic cloves in a frying pan, and add a teaspoon of cumin, a teaspoon of crushed chillies and a teaspoon of paprika. Add your onion and a splash of water, and fry on a medium heat until the onion has softened.
- At this point, add your tin of Cirio Plum Tomatoes. Fill the tin with water, and pour that in. Add a handful of chopped parsley, and season with salt. Reduce the sauce down for 5-10 minutes until it is thick, and then remove from the heat.
- Take your peppers out the oven. Spoon your tomato sauce into the peppers. Make a little dip in the sauce, and then crack in an egg into each pepper. Place the peppers back in the oven for another 20 minutes or until the whites are cooked, and the yolks are runny.
- Remove the peppers from the oven, crumble over some feta, scatter over ay leftover parsley leaves and tuck in!
Share With The Mob: