Succulent Pork. Zingy Salad. Hot Sriracha Mayo. What’s not to love?
Vinegar in the salad is key – you need it to properly zing.
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 35 MINUTES
- 1 Cucumber - £0.50
- 1 Lime - £0.30
- White Wine Vinegar - £0.80
- Bunch of Coriander - £0.70
- Bag of Radishes - £0.51
- 3 Carrots - £0.18
- White Baguette - £0.45
- Sriracha Mayo - £1.80
- Ginger - £0.27
- Honey - £0.99
- Soy Sauce - £1.00
- 4 Pork Loin Steaks - £2.50
- Total Cost - £10.00 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Place pork loins in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of honey and a tablespoon of grated ginger. Season with pepper and mix together. Cover bowl with cling film and leave in fridge for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Salad time. Chops radishes into thin discs. Place in bowl. Peel and chop 3 carrots into small slices. Add to bowl. Peel, halve, de-seed and then slice 1 cucumber into bite size pieces. Add to bowl. Add a handful of chopped coriander, 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar and a splash of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix together. Cover bowl and place in fridge.
- Back to the pork. Place pork loins in a hot frying pan. Pour marinade over them top. Cook on a medium – high heat for 4 – 5 minutes on each side. When the liquid evaporates, just keep adding water. This will keep the loins moist.
- Remove loins from heat when they are cooked through. Put them in a bowl and let them chill for a couple of minutes. Pour a glass of water into the pan and remove all the sticky bits. Allow the water to reduce so you have some delicious pouring juices. Remove pan from heat
- Place the pork on the board and chop into thin slices.
- Assembly time. Slice your baguette along one side and open it up length ways. Drizzle lots of sriracha may on the bottom half. Then layer up your pork. Pour your meat juices all over the pork. Then add your salad. On top of the salad, scatter and leftover coriander leaves, and drizzle over some more sriracha mayo. Close the baguette, carve it up with a bread knife and tuck in!
Share With The Mob: