Chimichurri sauce. It is so easy to make, and makes anything you put with it taste like it’s come out of a restaurant kitchen. Give it a go.
Multiseed wraps work best for this recipe.
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 50 MINUTES
- 1 Brown Onion - £0.16
- 8 skinless, boneless Chicken Thighs - £2.50
- Red Wine Vinegar - £0.80
- Bunch of Parsley - £0.70
- 8 Multiseed Wraps - £0.90
- Garlic - £0.30
- Red Chillies - £0.60
- Dried Oregano - £0.70
- 1 Lime - £0.30
- 500g Basmati Rice - £0.89
- 2 Avocados - £1.80
- Total Cost - £9.70 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Make your chimichurri. In a bowl, add a handful of chopped coriander, 1 finely chopped brown onion, 1 finely chopped red chilli, 3 crushed garlic cloves, 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and 6 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix everything together.
- Place your chicken thighs into a bowl. Pour half the chimichurri over the thighs, mix everything together, cover and leave to marinade in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Get your rice on. Just pour 1 part rice to 2 parts water into a pan, bring to the boil and let it bubble away until the water has been absorbed.
- Heat a frying pan, and add your thighs, making sure to pour over all the marinade. Add a little teaspoon more chimichurri to each thigh, and cook until the chicken is browned on both sides (should be able 10-12 minutes)
- In the meantime, make your guacamole. It is quite a simple one. Just add two avocados into a bowl with the juice of a lime, salt, pepper and olive oil, and mash everything together.
- Once cooked, remove chicken from the heat, place on a board and slice into strips.
- Burrito assembly time. Take a multispeed wrap. Spoon in some guacamole, and then a big spoonful of rice. Top the rice with a good helping of chicken, drizzle over some more chimichurri, wrap it all up and tuck in!
Share With The Mob: