Chicken marinated in coconut. With a creamy peanut butter dressing. On a crunchy fresh salad. What more could you want?
Make sure you buy salted peanuts to sprinkle on top for some extra crunch.
COOKING TIME (INCLUDES PREPARATION TIME): 25 MINUTES
- 1 Tin Coconut Milk - £0.75
- Cucumber - £0.50
- Bag of Salted Peanuts - £0.48
- 2 Limes - £0.50
- Bunch of Coriander - £0.70
- Romaine Lettuce - £1.00
- Soy Sauce - £1.00
- Clear Honey - £0.99
- Ginger - £0.27
- Peanut Butter - £0.65
- 8 Skinless Chicken Thighs - £2.50
- Red Chilli - £0.60
- Total Cost - £9.94 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Dice chicken thighs into little chunks. Throw in bowl. Grate in a red chilli, 1 clove of garlic and a large knob of ginger. Add two tablespoons of honey, 3 tablespoons of soy sauce and half a can of coconut milk. Add a splash of olive oil and mix everything together. Cover, and leave in fridge for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Make your dressing. Into a bowl, add three tablespoons of peanut butter, the juice of a lime and a tablespoon of soy sauce. Add coconut milk, and keep mixing and adding coconut milk until you have a smooth, pouring consistency.
- Now for the salad. Chop your romaine lettuce into bitsize pieces. Add into a bowl, with a handful of chopped coriander, and 1 whole chopped cucumber. With the cucumber – peel off the skin, and then chop it in half length ways. Take a teaspoon, and scoop out the seeds – this will make it less watery. Then chop the cucumber into chunks. Set the salad bowl aside.
- Chicken time. In, fry your chicken in batches until its cooked through and sticky – pour all of the marinating juices into the pan while cooking.
- Assembly time. Place the chicken on top of the salad. Add any leftover red chilli (if you like it spicy) and coriander. Scatter a large handful of chopped peanuts over the top, and then pour your peanut butter dressing over everything. Mix together and serve! Enjoy!
Share With The Mob: