The perfect dinner party dish. Cheesy. Veggie. Crunchy. The whole shebang.
Make sure the cheese is nice and melted before removing the quesadilla from the pan.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 50 Minutes
- Red Pesto - £1.00
- 8 Tortilla Wraps - £0.90
- 320g Wyke Farms Mature Cheddar - £2.50
- 2 Red Onions - £0.32
- 4 Peppers (Not Green) - £2.15
- 3 Courgettes - £1.20
- 2 Aubergines - £1.40
- Total Cost - £9.47 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Slice up your veg into chunks. Whack them in a tray. Season with salt, pepper and olive oil. Roast for 30-40 minutes until cooked through and caramelized.
- Remove veg from oven.
- Get a frying pan on the heat. Add some oil and rub it around the pan with some kitchen roll so it is all covered.
- Place a tortilla on the base. Add a heaped teaspoon of red pesto and spread it out. Then grate over a large handful of cheddar. Then add a large spoon of the roasted veg. Top with more grated cheddar, and then place another wrap on the top. Cook on a medium heat for 4-5 minutes, until the bottom layer of cheddar has melted.
- Flip the quesadilla by place a place on top of it, turning the pan over, and then slide the quesadilla from the plate back onto the pan. Cook for another 4-5 minutes, and remove from heat when all the cheese has melted.
- Repeat this 3 more times with your remaining veg and tort, carve up your quesadillas and tuck in!