Change it up this Christmas with a festive doner kebab.
Any leftover brussels or cranberry sauce would also be welcome in the pitta!
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 45 Minutes
- Garlic - £0.30
- Cucumber - £0.30
- Pitta Bread - £0.50
- 1 Lemon - £0.35
- Pomegranate Seeds - £1.00
- Mint - £0.70
- Yogurt - £0.85
- Cumin - £0.85
- All Spice - £0.85
- Watercress - £1.05
- 1 Orange - £0.30
- 500g Turkey Mince - £2.80
- Total Cost - £9.85 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Add turkey mince to a bowl. Add a teaspoon of cumin, a teaspoon of all spice, a grated clove of garlic, the zest of half an orange, the zest of a lemon, salt, pepper and a tablespoon of olive oil. Mix everything together with your hands, making sure the spices are evenly spread out.
- Form the mince into a ball and wrap in tin foil. Place the doner in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Get on with your Christmas tzatziki. Into a bowl add a pot of yogurt, a grated cucumber (squeeze gratings to remove excess water), the juice of a lemon and a large handful of chopped mint. Add your pomegranate seeds, season with salt and pepper, and mix everything together.
- Get on with your Christmas salad. Peel your orange and cut into thick slices. Add to a bowl with your watercress. Dress with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Remove the doner from the oven. Take out of the foil, and then drizzle with more olive oil. Place under the grill for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned.
- Remove doner from oven, and carve it up into slices.
- Warm up from pittas.
- Serving time. Cut a pitta open. Dollop in some Christmas tzatziki. Then some turkey doner. Then a big handful of the salad, then more tzatziki. And tuck in!