All the stickiness you could dream of for under a tenner. The longer you leave them in the oven, the better.
The key is in the basting - keep basting for extra stickiness.
Cooking Time (Includes Preparation Time): 5 Hours
- 700g Rack of Ribs - £3.64
- Soy Sauce - £1.00
- Honey - £0.59
- Chinese 5 Spice - £0.85
- Cayenne Pepper - £0.85
- 100ml Aspall Organic Cyder Vinegar - £1.70
- Tomato Puree - £0.50
- Garlic - £0.30
- Total Cost - £9.43 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Preheat oven to 160°C/320°F
- Into a bowl, add 4 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 and a half tablespoons of honey, 100ml Aspall Organic Cyder Vinegar, 3 grated cloves of garlic, 1 and a half teaspoons of Chinese 5 Spice, ½ a teaspoon of cayenne, 1 tablespoon of tomato puree and a good grind of black pepper. Mix it all together.
- Place your rack of ribs in a baking tray. Pour ¾ of the marinade over them, and rub them in. Cover with tin foil and marinade for 2 hours.
- After two hours, place the tray in the oven for an hour (with the tin foil on). After an hour, remove the foil, and baste with the juice in the tray. Add back to the oven for half an hour.
- After 30 minutes, remove from oven, and pour over the remaining ¼ of marinade. Place ribs back in oven.
- Keep on basting them every 20 minutes or so, until the ribs have had 3 hours in total in the oven.
- At this point, remove, hack them up and tuck in!