The combo is a dream. Inspired by my favourite pizza from Franco Manca
Make sure you let the sausage balls get nice and brown before adding the kale!
Cooking Time (Includes Preparation Time): 35 Minutes
- Garlic - £0.30
- Crushed Chillies - £0.85
- 500g Gnocchi - £0.75
- 6 Big Sausages - £2.50
- Block of Tallegio - £2.25
- 206g Curly Kale o £1.00
- 250g Ricotta - £1.20
- Total C0st - £8.85
- Squeeze the sausage meat out of the sausages and form into little balls. Add them to a frying pan with some olive oil and fry until browning. Then add a sliced clove of garlic and a teaspoon of chilli flakes.
- After 20 seconds, add your kale. Add a small splash of water, and then cook for 5 minutes until the kale has wilted.
- At this point, place your gnocchi in a bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Add your ricotta to the sauce. Mix it in, and then add 4 or 5 tablespoons of the starchy gnocchi water. Season with salt and pepper and mix everything together.
- Drain gnocchi and add to baking dish. Place the kale sausage mix on top of the gnocchi and mix them together. Top the gnocchi with thin slices of tallegio, add some more chilli flakes, and then place under the grill for 10-12 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- Dole it out and enjoy!